ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Friday 4 November, at 14:30

Mabilo mabilok at ictp.it
Wed Nov 2 12:28:16 CET 2011

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2011

Friday, 4 November, at 14.30 hrs.

Dr. Ali Bajravani
(Tarbiat Moallem University, Tehran, Iran)

Title: Family of linear spaces and reconstruction of curves

Abstract:

In this lecture by using focal loci techniques we give a reconstruction
for general curves of genus 6 and 8. To do this we prove that the focal
variety is a hyper surface in the genus 6 case. Moreover we will speak
about the connection of these constructions with the Shuttky problem.

Venue: Luigi Stasi Seminar Room, first floor , ICTP Leonardo Building.