Ernesto Illy Trieste Science Prize 2011_call for nominations

Info Point info_pt at ictp.it
Thu May 19 15:39:08 CEST 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Ernesto Illy Trieste Science Prize 2011_call for nominations
Date: 	Thu, 19 May 2011 15:17:17 +0200
From: 	TWAS Prizes <prizes at twas.org>

I am pleased to inform you that the call for nominations for the
*Ernesto Illy Trieste Science Prize* *2011* is now open.

As you already know, the Trieste Science Prize (TSP), sponsored by
illycaffè and administered by TWAS, has been established to give
international recognition and visibility to outstanding scientific
achievements made by scientists from the developing countries.

The first four-year cycle of the TSP (2005-2008) focused on basic science.

The second four-year cycle (2009-2012) of the prize, called Ernesto Illy
Trieste Science Prize to honour the late former President of illycaffè,
focuses on sustainability issues in various fields of sciences.

In 2011 the prize, which carries a US$100,000 monetary award generously
contributed by illycaffè, will be given for outstanding achievements in
*Materials Science.*

I am happy to invite you to nominate qualified candidates to be
considered for this prize.
To this purpose, I enclose herewith the 2011 nomination form together
with a file containing additional information about this scheme.

The deadline to receive nominations is *20 July 2011*.

Counting on your collaboration, I send you my best regards,

Romain Murenzi
Executive Director, TWAS

* * * * TWAS, the academy of sciences for the developing world * * * *
	ICTP campus, Strada Costiera 11 - 34151 Trieste - Italy
               Phone: +39 0402240387 -- Fax: +39 04022407387
               web:www.twas.org  - News: twitter.com/twasnews
		Disclaimer:http://www.twas.org/disclaimer