ICTP COLLOQUIUM on Thursday 12 May at 17:00 in MLH, LB.

Info Point info_pt at ictp.it
Thu May 5 11:08:49 CEST 2011

*ICTP COLLOQUIUM*

*17:00, Thursday, 12 May 2011*

*Main Lecture Hall, Leonardo Building, ICTP*

*
*

*Professor Alexander Vilenkin*

*Director of the Institute of Cosmology*

*Tufts University*

*
*

*The principle of mediocrity*

*
*

*Abstract*

*The new worldview that has emerged from inflationary cosmology suggests
that distant parts of the universe are strikingly different from our
local region. Most, if not all of these remote domains are beyond our
cosmic horizon and cannot be directly observed. I will discuss the
origin of the new worldview, the conceptual problems that it raised, and
its possible observational tests.***

--
Info Point
The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics
info_pt at ictp.it