DP Seminar

Luca Ferialdi ferialdi at ts.infn.it
Fri Mar 18 10:11:01 CET 2011

Department of Physics - University of Trieste

Wednesday 23 March 2011 - 3.00 pm
Room 204 (2nd floor LB)

Dr. Raffaele Romano
(University of Trieste)

Title: A no-go theorem on quantum teleportation

Abstract:
A relevant problem in quantum information is the reliable
transmission of quantum states through noisy channels. This problem is
complicated by the fact that feasible quantum technologies ask for
resources that are as cheap as possible. The following question is
therefore fundamental: what are the minimal resources to faithfully
transmit a quantum state through a noisy channel? We prove that, if a
single use of the channel is admitted, the resources of quantum
teleportation are neccessary and sufficient when the channel is maximally
ranked. More in general, we describe how this communication problem is
related to the problem of entanglement manipulation of mixed states.