Seminar DF

rosita Rosita.Glavina at ts.infn.it
Thu Mar 3 09:57:08 CET 2011

  Department of Physics - University of Trieste

Wednesday 9 March 2011 - 3.00 pm
Room 204 (2nd floor LB)

prof. GianCarlo Ghirardi
(University of Trieste)

Title: On a recent proof of nonlocality without inequalities.

Abstract:
We reconsider a recent derivation of the impossibility of reproducing by
a local model all quantum predictions of a state of  a single photon in
a superposition of different locations. We call attention to the fact
that, in spite of the validity of the conclusion, the argument presents
various unsatisfactory aspects and does not put into the due evidence
the fundamental and exclusive role of the request of locality. We show
that by resorting to a recent way of dealing with nonlocality by
resorting to set theoretic considerations one can derive the result in a
way which is logically clean and parallels, with the necessary
modifications, the line of thought followed by J. Bell  in his
celebrated paper.