Fwd: REQUEST OF DISSEMINATION CALL FOR PAPERS UNESCO VENICE OFFICE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE THE FUTURE OF VENICE AND ITA LOGOON IN THE CONTEXT OF GLOBAL CHANGE

Iannitti Lisa iannitti at ictp.it
Mon Jul 11 18:06:57 CEST 2011

Begin forwarded message:
> Subject: REQUEST OF DISSEMINATION CALL FOR PAPERS UNESCO VENICE OFFICE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE THE FUTURE OF VENICE AND ITA LOGOON IN THE CONTEXT OF GLOBAL CHANGE
>

> Subject : Request for call dissemination – International Conference on “The Future of Venice and its Lagoon in the Context of Global Change” (Italy, 13-15 November 2011)
> Dear Colleagues,
> I am delighted to inform you that we have issued the call for papers for the International Conference “The Future of Venice and its Lagoon in the Context of Global Change”, convened by the UNESCO Venice Office in collaboration with the Venice International University, with a submission date of 24 July 2011.
> I would like to request that you disseminate this call through your colleagues, interested institutions, mailing contacts and your institutional page. This is really crucial to ensure wide dissemination of the call and attract more submissions. Thank you for any efforts put into this task. Should you have any inquiries, please contact Michela De Faveri, Liaison Officer - Conference Secretariat (m.de-faveri at unesco.org).
>
> Yours Sincerely, Engelbert Ruoss
>

> Engelbert Ruoss
> Director, Venice Office
>
> unesco.org/venice
> Tel: + 39 (041) 260.15.21/34
> Fax: + 39 (041) 528.99.95
> Email: veniceoffice-dir at unesco.org
>
> Call for Papers : International Conference on “The Future of Venice and its Lagoon in the Context of Global Change. Deadline : 24 July 2011
> Authors interested in providing a paper related to the 3 parallel sessions may consult the related documents available here
> Invitation Experts are invited to submit papers for the following 3 parallel sessions : Session 1 : Responses of the urban ecosystem to the challenges of climate change Session; 2 : Impact of global change on socioeconomic development Session; and, 3: Culture and development: from restoration to revitalization?
>
> Submission Authors interested in providing a paper related to the above sessions’ topics may consult the related Conference First Announcement. Abstracts are to be submitted no later than 24 July 2011. Authors of papers that are accepted for presentation at the workshop will be notified by 15 September 2011.
>
> Authors Guidelines Authors are required to submit their abstract and Copyright form by e-mail to the following address: veniceoffice-dir(at)unesco.org. Submission of an abstract is mandatory for presenting a paper.
>
> Review Process Abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee. After the acceptance notification, authors are required to prepare a full paper and an oral presentation during the Conference. All the accepted abstracts will be printed in a Book of Abstracts, which will be distributed during the Conference.
>
> For further information about the Conference please visit : thefutureofvenice

Lisa Iannitti
International Centre for
Theoretical Physics (ICTP)
of UNESCO and the IAEA
Strada Costiera 11
34014 Trieste, Italy
tel.: +39 - 040 - 2240227
fax.: +39 - 040 - 2240558
ICTP website: http://www.ictp.it/

✯"We are not permitted to choose the frame of our destiny.... but what we put into it, is ours..."  -  Dag Hammarskjöld✯
✯"A Winner is only a Dreamer who hasn't given up"✯ - Nelson Mandela
✯"Since wars begin in the minds of men, it is in the minds of men that the defences of peace must be constructed"✯UNESCO's motto
✯Let us not be justices of peace, but angels of peace✯ Saint Theresa of Lisieux
✯ All Lives are of Equal Value✯