DP Seminar

Luca Ferialdi ferialdi at ts.infn.it
Thu Jul 7 11:03:54 CEST 2011

Department of Physics - Miramare - University of Trieste

Wednesday 13 July 2011 - 3.00 pm
Room 204 (2nd floor LB)

Dr. Enrico Cattaruzza

Title:
Diagrammar in Classical Scalar Field Theory

Abstract:
In this seminar we analyze perturbatively a gphi4 classical field theory with and without temperature. In order to do that we review the path-integral approach developed some time ago for classical theories. We shall show that the diagrams appearing at the classical level are many more than at the quantum level due to the presence of extra auxiliary fields of the classical formalism.
A universal supersimmetry present in the classical path integral allows both the cancellation of several diagrams and the introduction of super-fields and super-diagrams which makes the classical perturbative calculations almost "identical" to the quantum ones.