Reminder: Math. Phys. seminar at SISSA

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Thu Dec 15 14:04:17 CET 2011

MATHEMATICAL PHYSICS SECTOR SEMINARS

Title: Dimer Models and Integrable Systems
Speaker: Richard Eager
Institution: IPMU

Abstract:
Dimer models provide an efficient description of the 4d N=1 SUSY gauge theories on the world-volume of coincident D3-branes at Calabi-Yau singularities.  The first third of this talk will be a pedagogical introduction to the correspondence of between toric geometry and dimer models.  Next I will introduce Goncharov and Kenyon's construction of integrable systems associated to dimer models.  These dimer models give rise to relativistic integrable systems that match those arising from 5d N=1 gauge theories studied by Nekrasov. We apply the correspondence to dimer models associated to the Yp,0 geometries, showing that they give rise to the relativistic generalization of the periodic Toda chain originally studied by Ruijsenaars.

Thursday 15 December at 14:30 in lecture room 136 (Santorio Building, I floor)

--
Dr. Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth
Secretary of Mathematical Physics and Elementary Particle sectors
emanuele.tuillier at sissa.it