algebraic geometry workshop

beorchia at units.it beorchia at units.it
Wed Sep 15 17:29:03 CEST 2010

TULSF VI (Trieste, Udine, Ljubljana, Sissa, Ferrara

            algebraic geometry groups meeting)

September 24th, 2010

venue : Sissa (new building!)
         room 004, floor 0
         Via Bonomea, 265
         34136 Trieste ITALY

Programme:

10.30 - 11.15: D. Portelli (Trieste) : "A remark on the Generalized
Hodge Conjecture"

11.15 - 11.30: coffee

11.30 - 12.15: J. Bernik (ljubljana) : "Triangularizability of
semitransitive spaces of matrices"

Abstract:
A linear space L of n-by-n complex matrices is semitransitive if, given
two nonzero vectors x, y, there exists a matrix A in L such that either
Ax=y or Ay=x. In contrast to transitive spaces, semitransitive ones may
well have (common) invariant subspaces. We give an intrinsic
characterization of when this is the case and use it to prove that a
semitransitive space L of minimal possible dimension n is
triangularizable. Time permitting, we will discuss some related open
problems.

12.15 - 14.00 : lunch

14.00 - 14.45 : A. Calabri (Ferrara) : "Plane curves and Cremona
transformations".

Abstract:
Joint work with Ciro Ciliberto.
The problem of classifying plane curves up to Cremona transformations
is classical and goes back to Cremona himself and his school.
It has been recently attacked also by Iitaka and others, but it was
never solved so far.
In this talk we review the history of this problem and we show
how to solve it, by producing, for each plane curve, a Cremona
model with minimal degree.
Similar results has been obtained independently by Massimiliano Mella
and Elena Polastri.
If time permits, a few applications will be presented.

15.00 - 15.45 : P. Cragnolini (Udine):"A PLUECKER Formula for Plane Quartics"

15.45 - 16.00: coffee

16.00 - 16.45 : F. Sala (Sissa) : "Restriction theorems for $\mu$-(semi)stable
framed sheaves".

Best regards
Valentina

Valentina Beorchia, PhD
Dipartimento di Matematica e Informatica
Universita' degli Studi di Trieste
Via Valerio 12/1
34127 Trieste, Italia

Stanza 233, II piano
e-mail: beorchia at units.it
tel. studio (++) 040 558 2656
tel. segreteria Dip.: (++)040 558 2635 oppure 2618
fax: (++) 040 558 2636

http://www.dmi.units.it/~beorchia/