algebraic geometry seminar : title and abstract

beorchia at units.it beorchia at units.it
Sat Oct 23 15:09:13 CEST 2010

ALGEBRAIC GEOMETRY SEMINAR

October 26th, 2010, 2.00 PM

VENUE: Seminar room 3rd floor, H2 bis building

        Department of Mathematics and Informatics

         University of Trieste

         via Valerio 12/1

   M. A. Barja (Departament de Matem?tica Aplicada I, Barcelona Spain):

Title: "Stability conditions for fibration over curves, and slope
inequalities"

Abstract: I will show how different stability conditions allow to
produce lower bounds for the so called  "slopes" of a fibration. I
will give higher dimensional results when the general fibre is either
an hypersurface or a K3 surface. This is a joint work with Lidia
Stoppino"

Valentina Beorchia, PhD
Dipartimento di Matematica e Informatica
Universita' degli Studi di Trieste
Via Valerio 12/1
34127 Trieste, Italia

Stanza 233, II piano
e-mail: beorchia at units.it
tel. studio (++) 040 558 2656
tel. segreteria Dip.: (++)040 558 2635 oppure 2618
fax: (++) 040 558 2636

http://www.dmi.units.it/~beorchia/