Forthcoming Dynamical Systems seminar

math math at ictp.it
Fri Oct 8 16:55:38 CEST 2010

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2010

- DYNAMICAL SYSTEMS -

Thursday, 14 October, at 16:00 hrs.

Dr. Li Ming
(ICTP)

"A class of dynamical systems with no topological attractors"

Abstract:

On every compact 3-manifold, we build a non-empty open set of C1
diffeomorphisms such that, every C^r-generic diffeomorphism in this open
set has no topological attractors. We will also discuss alternative
definitions of attractors which may be better adapted to generic dynamics.
It is a joint work with C.Bonatti and D. Yang.

VENUE: Luigi Stasi Seminar Room
(ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first floor)