Thursd. seminar

Cond.Matt. & Stat.Mech.Section cm at ictp.it
Tue Mar 23 08:29:45 CET 2010

SEMINAR on   Disorder and strong electron correlations

Thursday, 25 March      -  11:00 a.m.

Luigi Stasi Seminar Room,  Leonardo Building - first floor

Andreas KOMNIK     ( Universitaet Heidelberg )

"Charge and spin transfer statistics of  quantum impurity models"

Abstract

The full counting statistics (FCS) is a generalization of the
conventional electronic transport characteristics such as the non-
linear current-voltage relation or noise power. It is described by the
probability of transferring a certain amount of electric charge during
a fixed very long period of time.  It turns out to contain very
sensitive information about the elementary charge of current carrying
excitations as well as about the properties and nature of their mutual
interactions.  We demonstrate the power of the FCS technique applying
it to the problem of inter-edge tunneling in the QHE bars, to the
electronic transport through the Kondo and Anderson impurities as well
as for the conductance properties of the Anderson-Holstein model.  We
discuss the results and address the existing experimental data.