Seminar of the Department of Physics

marzolino at ts.infn.it marzolino at ts.infn.it
Mon Mar 1 15:05:01 CET 2010

Dear professors, researchers and students

I would like to announce the seminar held by Prof. Giorgio Pastore on
Thursdays 4th of March at 3pm in Room 204 of the Department of Physics
(Leonardo Building).
Everyone who is interested is welcome.

TITLE:
Patchy colloids and Janus particles

ABSTRACT:
Recent advances in synthesis of colloidal particles open the possibility
of a fine control over the three-dimensional organization of materials
by exploiting complex self-assembly properties in the liquid state.
I'll start from such new exciting developments to review some recent
results and open problems on the side of theory and simulation of simple
anisotropic models.
In particular, I will provide an introduction to  recent work on patchy
square-well models, including  a patchy version of Janus particles and
two patches sistems.

Best regards,
Ugo Marzolino.

believed to be clean.