Algebraic Geometry Seminar next week

math math at ictp.it
Fri Jul 9 14:32:31 CEST 2010

A L G E B R A I C   G E O M E T R Y
S E M I N A R S   2010

Thursday, 15 July at 14.30 hrs.

Dr. Siman YANG
(East China Normal University, Shanghai, P.R. China)

"Fast Endomorphisms on Jacobians of Genus 2 Hyperelliptic Curves over
Binary Fields"

Abstract:
In EUROCRYPT 2009, Galbraithh, Lin and Scott constructed efficiently
computable endomorphisms for a large family of elliptic curves defined
over finite fields of large characteristic.  The scalar multiplication
on GLS curves can be accelerated while the GLV method is applied.
In this talk, we introduce our recent work on extending the method to
the Jacobians of genus 2 hyperelliptic curves defined over binary
fields.  We give explicit formulae of endomorphisms on the Jacobians for
the twisted curves of every isomorphism class of genus 2 hyperelliptic
curves over binary fields.  We investigate the benefits of fast scalar
multiplication using various simultaneous scalar multiplication methods
and show a speedup for up to 40% for a 256-bit scalar multiplication
comparing with the best general ordinary methods.

VENUE:  "LUIGI STASI" SEMINAR ROOM
(ICTP Leonardo Building, first floor)