Tuesday's seminar

Statphys statphys at ictp.it
Fri Feb 5 09:22:11 CET 2010

JOINT ICTP/SISSA STATISTICAL PHYSICS SEMINAR

Tuesday , 9 February   -   11:00 hrs.

Euler Lecture Hall - ICTP Leonardo Building - terrace level

Luca Dall'Asta    (I.C.T.P.)

"Game theory and networks"

Abstract

The framework of non-cooperative game theory has been recently
extended to study strategic behavior in complex socio-economic
networks.  However, the existence of a large number of (very
different) Nash equilibria makes standard game theoretic analysis
cumbersome and quantitatively less effective. On the other hand, it
opens to the application of advanced theoretical and algorithmic
techniques from the statistical mechanics of disordered systems.

I will discuss our recent results on the problem of free-riding in
public goods games and on the emergence of collaborative equilibria.