Mathematics Seminar next week

math math at ictp.it
Tue Feb 2 17:08:12 CET 2010

MATHEMATICS SEMINARS 2010

Wednesday, 10 February, at 14:30

Dr. Gabriel Baditoiu
(Romanian Academy of Sciences, Bucharest)

"Lax pair equations and Connes-Kreimer renormalization"

Abstract: We find a Lax pair equation corresponding to the
Connes-Kreimer Birkhoff factorization of the character group of a Hopf
algebra. This flow preserves the locality of counterterms. In
particular, we obtain a flow for the character given by Feynman rules,
and relate this flow to the Renormalization Group Flow. This is a joint
work with Steven Rosenberg.

Venue: EULER LECTURE HALL (ICTP Leonardo Building, Terrace level)