Seminar on Tues., 7 December

ivanisse ivanisse at ictp.it
Mon Dec 6 10:18:05 CET 2010

JOINT ICTP/SISSA STATISTICAL PHYSICS SEMINAR

Tuesday, 7 December    -    11:00 a.m.

SISSA, Santorio Building, Room 129 (1st Floor)

Ugo Marzolino  (Università di Trieste)

" Sub-shot-noise quantum metrology and squeezing inequalities with
entangled identical particles "

Abstract

By identifying non-local effects in systems of identical Bosonic qubits
through correlations of their commuting observables, we generalize and
physically reinterpret the results concerning the use of the quantum
Fisher information and spin squeezing in quantum metrology.  We show
that entanglement is not necessary to violate certain squeezing
inequalities that hold for distinguishable qubits and that spin
squeezing may not be necessary to achieve sub-shot noise accuracies in
ultra-cold atom interferometry.