Mathematics Seminar next week (13 April)

math math at ictp.it
Thu Apr 8 12:01:47 CEST 2010

MATHEMATICS SEMINARS 2010

Tuesday, 13 April, at 14:00

Dr. Toan Minh Ho
(Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology)

"On Dimension of Certain C*-algebras"

Abstract:
The classification program of Elliott, the goal of which is to classify
amenable C*-algebras by their K-theoretical data, has been successful
for many classes of C*-algebras, in particular for simple AH algebras
with no dimension growth. Therefore, the AH algebras which may be most
interested in nowadays are the one with higher dimension growth (than
zero). In this talk, we will study dimension theory (stable rank and
real rank) of simple AH-algebras (the algebras can be written as
inductive limits of matrices algebras over commutative C*-algebras). In
particular, we are interested in the algebras which can be written as
inductive limits of commutative C*-algebras with ”diagonal connecting
maps” but without any hypothesis on dimension. This class include
interesting algebras: AF algebras, AI and AT algebras, Goodearl
algebras, algebras constructed by Villadsen, and, by Toms.

Venue: Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo Building, first floor)