Friday's seminar

Cond.Matt. & Stat.Mech.Section cm at ictp.it
Wed Apr 7 14:11:15 CEST 2010

Seminar  on   Disorder and strong electron correlations

Friday, 9 April      -  11:00 a.m.

Luigi Stasi Seminar Room,  Leonardo Building - first floor

Oleg YEVTUSHENKO      ( Ludwig-Maximilians Universitaet, Muenchen )

"Critical scaling at the Anderson localization transition in the
strong multifractality regime"

Abstract

We study dynamical scaling (DS) in disordered systems at (or close to)
the point of the Anderson localization transition.  Wave functions of
such systems are fractal.  DS is connected to strong spatial
correlations of the wave functions.  These correlations are
particularly nontrivial in the strong fractality regime where fractals
are very sparse.  It has been conjectured [1] that there exists an
exact relation between the exponent of DS and the 2nd fractal
dimension.  To the best of our knowledge, neither existence of DS nor
the relation between the exponents were checked analytically.

  We study DS and the critical exponents in the strong fractality
regime using the model of almost diagonal random matrices with fractal
eigenstates by analyzing asymptotic behavior of the return probability
in the long time limit.  We have proven the DS to hold true up to the
leading terms of 2nd loop of RG. Besides, we have found necessary
conditions for the exact relation between the critical exponents.

  [1] J.T. Chalker and G.J. Daniell, Phys. Rev. Lett. 61, 593 (1988);
J.T. Chalker, Physica A 167, 253 (1990).