JOINT ICTP/SISSA STATISTICAL PHYSICS SEMINAR: "Defect flows in conformal minimal models"

statphys statphys at ictp.it
Thu May 21 16:36:23 CEST 2009

JOINT ICTP/SISSA STATISTICAL PHYSICS SEMINAR

Tuesday, 26 May 2009   -    12:30 hrs

Seminar Room
ICTP Leonardo Building - 1st floor

Marton KORMOS

( SISSA Trieste )

"Defect flows in conformal minimal models"

Abstract
By a defect we mean a line of inhomogeneity where the expectation values
of fields are allowed to be discontinuous or even singular. Defects can
also form an interface between two different theories. In the case of
conformal field theories those defects are especially interesting which
are invariant under scale transformations. These conformal defects are
the fixed points of the renormalisation group flows. In the talk I will
report a study of a simple example of a two-parameter space of
renormalisation group flows with the aim of identifying new conformal
defects in unitary minimal models.