DFT Seminar

Rosita Glavina rosita.glavina at ts.infn.it
Fri Jul 17 11:55:45 CEST 2009

Wednesday 22 July 2009, 14.30

'Coherent control of steady-state entanglement in driven cavity arrays'

Dr. Dai Li
(National University of Singapore)

Abstract:
We show that coherent control of the steady state entanglement
between pairs of cavity-atom systems in an array of lossy and
driven coupled cavities is possible. The cavities are doped
with atoms and are connected through waveguides, other cavities
or fibers depending the implementation. We find that the steady
state entanglement can be coherently controlled through the tuning
of the phase difference between the driving fields. It can also
be surprisingly high in spite of the pumps being classical fields.
Furthermore, the maximal of entanglement for any pair is achieved
when their corresponding direct coupling is much smaller than
their individual couplings to the third party. This effect is
reminiscent of coherent population transfer through a third level
between otherwise uncoupled atomic levels using classical coherent
fields. The above results are analyzed for a range of values of the
system parameters and different network geometries.

Department of Theoretical Physics
Room 204, 2nd floor LB