No subject

CM ICTP - Trieste cm at ictp.it
Thu Jan 8 10:02:38 CET 2009

JOINT ICTP/SISSA STATISTICAL PHYSICS SEMINAR

Tuesday, 13 January    -    12:30 hrs.

Seminar Room   - ICTP Leonardo Building - 1st floor

S. CARACCIOLO  ( Università degli Studi di Milano )

"Algebraic properties of Grassmann and Clifford subalgebras related
to spanning hyperforests"

Abstract

A supersymmetric theory with osp(1|2)-invariance can be used to
describe spanning (hyper-)forests on a given graph. In a sigma-model,
the bosonic part of the superfield can be integrated out and the
symmetry is realized

non-linearly in the remaining Grassmann degrees of freedom.

We investigate the invariant osp(1|2) Grassmann and Clifford
subalgebras. We discover that, given an arbitrary vertex ordering, a
basis of independent elements is given by terms labeled by non-
crossing partitions, respectively of the vertices of the graph, and
of a doubling of this set.

The invariant Clifford subalgebra is isomorphic to a Temperley--Lieb
Algebra, in a peculiar even/odd generalization.

A relation involving four complex fermions plays a central role in
the construction, and disentangles the only 4-set crossing partition
as a linear combination of the other partitions with up to two
blocks. This relation appears in different flavours, and equivalence
of the formulations is shown.