For distribution

CM ICTP - Trieste cm at ictp.it
Mon Oct 20 14:28:39 CEST 2008

SEMINAR on  Disorder and strong electron correlations

Thursday, 22 October      -  11:00 a.m.

Seminar Room,  Leonardo Bldg.- first floor

M. SCHIRO' (S.I.S.S.A. )

" Real-time diagrammatic Monte Carlo for nonequilibrium quantum
transport"

Abstract

We propose a novel approach to nonequilibrium real-time dynamics of
quantum impurities models coupled to biased non-interacting leads,
such as those relevant to quantum transport in nanoscale molecular
devices.  The method is based on a Diagrammatic Monte Carlo sampling
of the real-time perturbation theory along the Keldysh contour. We
benchmark the method on a non-interacting resonant level model and,
as a first non-trivial application, we study zero temperature non-
equilibrium transport through a vibrating molecule.