Forthcoming Mathematics Seminars in May

Math math at ictp.it
Wed May 7 13:42:20 CEST 2008

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2008

Tuesday 13 May, at 14:00 hrs

Professor Gregorio Bessa
(Universidade Federal do Ceara', Fortaleza, Brazil)

"First eigenvalue estimates and geometric applications"

***

Tuesday 20 May, at 14:00 hrs

Professor K.T. Joseph
(TIFR, Mumbai, India)

"Weak solutions of some nonconservative hyperbolic systems"

***

Thursday 23 May, at 15:00 hrs.

Dr. Yasuhiro Omoda
(Akashi National College of Technology, Japan/ICTP)

"The secant varieties of nilpotent orbits"

***

Tuesday 27 May, at 14:00 hrs.

Professor Alnar L. Detalla
(Central Mindanao University, Bukidnon, The Philippines)

"Sharp Remainder Terms of the Rellich Inequality and its Application"

VENUE:  SEMINAR ROOM (ICTP Leonardo Building, first floor)