to be announced - please delete previous msg

CM ICTP - Trieste cm at ictp.it
Mon Mar 3 12:29:29 CET 2008

JOINT ICTP/SISSA STATISTICAL PHYSICS SEMINAR

Tuesday, 4 March    -    12:30 hrs.

Lecture Room 'D' - SISSA Main Building

P. DOREY   ( University of Durham )

" Ordinary differential equations, minimal models and the McNugget
problem "

Abstract

Recently, surprising links between integrable models of quantum field
theory and statistical mechanics, and the theory of ordinary
differential equations,  have been found.  This talk will explain the
basics of this connection, and then go on to outline one application to
the so-called minimal models of conformal field theory.

ooooooooooooo ----- ooooooooooooo

Ms. M. Poropat
Secretary
Condensed Matter & Statistical Physics Section
The Abdus Salam International
   Centre for Theoretical Physics
Strada Costiera 11
34014 Trieste
Italy

Telephone: +39-040-2240540
Telefax: +39-040-2240354 or 224163

\_ |             You may want to visit our Home Page       |
    |    http://www.ictp.it/pages/research/cmsp.html        |
    |             to learn more about us.                   |