III International Symposium on the New Prion Biology

Prion Symposium prionsym at bio.unipd.it
Mon Dec 15 16:28:05 CET 2008

III International Symposium on
THE NEW PRION BIOLOGY:
BASIC SCIENCE, DIAGNOSIS AND THERAPY
2 - 4 APRIL 2009, VENEZIA (ITALY)
Dear Colleagues.

On behalf of the Scientific Committee, we wish to invite you to the
III International Symposium on The New Prion Biology: Basic Science,
Diagnosis and Therapy to be held in Venice, Italy, April 2-4, 2009.

The programme foresees lectures by leading scientists in different
aspects of prion diseases, with a focus on the (patho-)physiology of
the prion protein. Lectures on neurodegenerative diseases other than
TSE are also foreseen, in order to allow a stimulating confrontation
of the prion research with the most updated advances and perspectives
in closely related fields. The Scientific Committee will select
abstracts of posters for presentation during the meeting.
Requirements for selection are originality and high scientific level.
An added value will be the young age of the presenting Author. The
meeting will be restricted to a total number of around 180
participants to encourage in-depth discussions.

For all details, please refer to the web site:

http://www.istitutoveneto.it/prion_09/

We look forward to seeing you in Venice in Spring 2009, hoping to
repeat the success of the previous Venice meetings.
Adriano Aguzzi and M. Catia Sorgato

Adriano Aguzzi
Institute of Neuropathology, University Hospital of Zürich
Schmelzbergstrasse 12,
CH-8091 Zürich, Switzerland
Tel. +41-44-255-2107, direct line: -2869
Fax +41-860-79-320 1516
cellular +41-79-320 1516
adriano.aguzzi at usz.ch
Videoconference: +41 44 254 5734