prof. Albeverio's course

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Wed Dec 3 13:34:15 CET 2008

MATHEMATICAL PHYSICS SECTOR ACTIVITIES

Prof. Sergio Albeverio
(University of Bonn)

will hold a 3 lesson course on "Infinite dimensional integrals,asymptotics and application" with the following schedule:

Friday 5 december at 11.00 (lecture room C)
Tuesday 9 december at 14.30 (lecture room C)
Friday 12 december at 11.00 (lecture room C)

Abstract:
"Infinite dimensional integrals of both the probabilistic and the oscillatory type arise in various problems of mathematics and its applications,including analysis,differential geometry,optics,quantum physics,mathematical finance,biology.We intend to present basic elements of the theory( definition and construction of the integrals,asymptotic methods for their computation-Laplace and stationary phase methods) and its apllications.Particularly we shall concentrate on methods related to the study of the semiclassical limit of quantum mechanics and the probabilistic small diffusion limit. "