For distribution - thanks

CM ICTP - Trieste cm at ictp.it
Tue Sep 11 16:31:35 CEST 2007

CONDENSED MATTER AND STATISTICAL PHYSICS SECTION

INFORMAL SEMINAR  on  Statistical Physics

Thursday, 13 September    -    11:00 a.m.

Seminar Room - Main Building    (first floor)

M.A. MUNOZ MARTINEZ    ( Universidad de Granada )

" SOC: Recent experimental and theoretical developments "

Abstract

In this talk I will review the state of the art on Self-organized
criticality (SOC).  First I will discuss some experiments on material
science  and on neuro-science, and then proceed to report on recent
developments on  the understanding of  SOC as a phase transitions,
discussing different  viewpoints.