Mathematics Seminar at ICTP - next week

Math math at ictp.it
Fri Sep 7 10:58:10 CEST 2007

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2007

Wednesday, 12 September at 14:30 hrs.

Professor Luca Migliorini
(Universita' di Bologna, Italy)

"Geometrical characterization of the perverse filtration."

Abstract:
The derived category of constructible sheaves
has two particularly important t-structures,
namely the standard  and the middle perverse.
They define two different notions of truncation
of a complex of sheaves, hence two filtrations
on its cohomology. The aim of this talk is to
give a simple geometric characterization of
the perverse filtration, recently obtained in
joint work with M.A. de Cataldo.

VENUE:  SEMINAR ROOM (ICTP Main Building, first floor)