Math. Phys. Seminar announcement

Boris Dubrovin dubrovin at sissa.it
Mon Oct 15 09:20:54 CEST 2007

Joint SISSA/ICTP Mathematical Physics Seminar

	Dr. M.Hallnas (SISSA)

Solving quantum Calogero-Sutherland models
by generalised classical orthogonal polynomials

Wednesday, October 17, 14:30, Room B of SISSA Main Building

Abstract

Quantum many-body systems of Calogero-Sutherland type are remarkable
examples of systems which are integrable and even exactly solvable. In
many cases this is due to fact that their eigenfunctions are given by
natural many-variable generalisations of the classical orthogonal
(Hermite, Laguerre and Jacobi) polynomials. In my talk I will review
this
connection. I will also give examples of the fact that many of the basic
properties of these polynomials are natural many-variable
generalisations
from the one-variable case.