Mathematics Seminar at ICTP - 4 December 2007

Math math at ictp.it
Thu Nov 29 16:53:52 CET 2007

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2007

Tuesday, 4 December at 14:00 hrs.

Dr. Francois  Ebobisse
(University of Cape Town, South Africa)

"Well-posedness of models of gradient plasticity "

Abstract:  The inability of classical models of plasticity to model
material behaviour
at nano-meso scale levels has led to the development of new theories
which
incorporate size-dpendence via the inclusion of strain gradients.  In
this talk, we first
revisit the formulation of the classical models; then we present some
of the new
models and we discuss the well-posedness of the intial boundary value
problems
obtained from these methods.

VENUE:  SEMINAR ROOM (ICTP Main Building, first floor)