JOINT ICTP/SISSA CONDENSED MATTER SEMINARS

CM ICTP - Trieste cm at ictp.it
Tue Nov 13 15:47:10 CET 2007

JOINT ICTP/SISSA CONDENSED MATTER SEMINARS
Academic Year 2007/08

Seminar Room - Main Building
(first floor)

Wednesday, 21 November -     4:00 p.m.

O. YERMOLAYEVA
( SISSA, Trieste )

" Quantum Integrable Systems in Growth Problems "

Abstract

We will review connections between the stochastic and deterministic
Growth Problems in 2 dimensions (such as Diffusion Limited Aggregation
and Laplacian Growth Problem) and theory of finite and infinite
dimensional integrable systems.

In particular, we will present our recent results relating the Elliptic
Growth free boundary problems and theory of algebraically integrable
Calogero-Moser type systems.

Finally, we'll discuss prospectives in finding correspondence between
integrable statistical field models and DLA type problems.