Fos distribution - thanks

CM ICTP - Trieste cm at ictp.it
Thu May 17 10:56:31 CEST 2007

JOINT ICTP/SISSA STATISTICAL PHYSICS SEMINAR

Tuesday, 22 May    -    12:30 hrs.

Seminar Room - ICTP Main Building  (first floor)

P. SODANO    ( Università di Perugia )

" Boundary field theory approach to Josephson devices "

Abstract

I show that some superconducting Josephson devices may be regarded as a
condensed matter realization of a two boundary sine Gordon model.
Using boundary field theory methods I will compute both the DC
Josephson current and the normal component of the current-response of
SQUIDs to an externally applied voltage.  The approach helps in
establishing new and somewhat unexpected connections between
superconducting devices and quantum impurity problems.