Mathematics Seminar at ICTP - next week

Math math at ictp.it
Thu Jun 7 12:12:08 CEST 2007

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2007

Wednesday, 13 June at 14:30 hrs.

Professor Zhu Xiaohua
(Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, P.R. China)

"Stability related to Calabi's extremal metrics on toric Manifolds"

Abstract:  In this talk, I will discuss a relationship between the $K
$-stability and the Calabi's extremal metrics on toric manifolds.  We
prove that on a polarized toric manifold the relative $K$-stability
is a necessary condition for the existence of Calabi'sextremal
metrics, and also we show that the modified $K$-energy is proper in
the space of $G_0$-invariant K\"ahler metrics for the case of toric
surfaces which admit the extremal metrics.  If possible I will also
discuss an existence theorem for the weak extremal metrics on toric
manifolds.

VENUE:  SEMINAR ROOM (ICTP Main Building, first floor)