SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT - OAT and DAUT SEMINAR - Wednesday, June 6th at 12:00 noon

Gabriella Schiulaz schiulaz at oats.inaf.it
Mon Jun 4 08:37:43 CEST 2007

I announce you this week's seminar:

                     OATS-DAUT SEMINAR

Speaker: Kenji Bekki (University of New South Wales, Australia)

Title: Globular cluster systems and galaxy formation

Date: Wednesday, June 6th, 2007
Time: 12:00
Venue: Villa Bazzoni (via Bazzoni, 2)

We discuss the origin of physical properties of globular cluster systems (GCSs) in galaxies in terms of galaxy formation and evolution processes. Based on numerical simulations of dynamical evolution of GCSs in galaxies, we particularly discuss (1) the origin of radial density profiles of GCSs, (2) kinematics of GCSs in elliptical galaxies, (3) transformation from nucleated dwarf galaxies into GCs (e.g., omega Centauri), (4) the origin of GCSs in the Large Magellanic Cloud, and (5) formation of intragroup and intracluster GCs.

Next Seminar

JOINT DAUT-ICTP-OATS-SISSA COLLOQUIUM
Speaker: Albert Stebbins (Fermilab, Chicago)

Title: Cosmological Large-Scale Structure