This week's seminar

CM ICTP - Trieste cm at ictp.it
Mon Jan 29 11:45:24 CET 2007

CONDENSED MATTER SECTION

SEMINAR on   Disorder and strong electron correlations

Thursday, 1 February   -    11:00 a.m.

Lecture Room 'C',  Main Bldg.- terrace level

M. KISELEV   ( The Abdus Salam I.C.T.P. )

"Kondo shuttling in nanoelectromechanical devices"

Abstract

	We investigate theoretically a mechanically assisted Kondo effect and
electric charge shuttling in nanoelectromechanical single-electron
transistor (NEM-SET)  charged by odd/even number of electrons.  It is
shown that the mechanical motion of mobile quantum impurity with the
spin results in the time dependent tunneling width which leads to
effective increase of the Kondo temperature.  The time-dependent
oscillating Kondo temperature changes the scaling behavior of the
differential conductance resulting in the suppression of transport in a
strong coupling- and its enhancement in a weak coupling regimes. The
conditions for fine-tuning of the Abrikosov-Suhl resonance and possible
experimental realization of the Kondo shuttling in a spin pumping
regime are discussed.