SEM

Ludwik Dabrowski dabrow at sissa.it
Mon Apr 30 09:39:11 CEST 2007

Joseph C. Varilly

(Universidad de Costa Rica)

`Stratonovich-Weyl quantization on the Poincarà ©half-plane'

Abstract: Motivated by the need to extend noncompact,
noncommutative manifolds beyond the flat case of the Moyal plane,
we rebuild explicitly the tracial quantization of the Poincaré
half-plane (or disk). Preserving the status of invariant
first-order differential operators under quantization is
a nontrivial task. We treat the half-plane as a coadjoint orbit
for the affine group, and build the quantizer accordingly.
The Wigner functions used in time-frequency signal analysis
emerge naturally from this construction.

Wednesday, 2 May 2007 at 14:30

Aula D, SISSA  Main Blg. (-1 floor)