Thursday's seminar

CM ICTP - Trieste cm at ictp.it
Sat May 20 09:01:32 CEST 2006

CONDENSED MATTER AND STATISTICAL PHYSICS SECTION

INFORMAL SEMINAR on   Disorder and strong electron correlations

Thursday, 25 May    -    11:00 a.m.

Room 239,  Main Bldg.- II floor

B. NAROZHNY   ( The Abdus Salam I.C.T.P. )

" Triplet pairing due to spin-orbit-assisted electron-phonon coupling "

	Abstract

We propose a microscopic mechanism for triplet pairing due to
spin-orbit-assisted electron interaction with optical phonons in a
crystal with a complex unit cell.  Using two examples of electrons with
symmetric Fermi surfaces in crystals with either a cubic or a layered
square lattice, we show that spin-orbit-assisted electron-phonon
coupling can, indeed, generate triplet pairing and that, in each case,
it predetermines the tensor structure of a p-wave order parameter.