Forthcoming Maths Seminar (31 August)

Math math at ictp.it
Wed Aug 23 10:55:18 CEST 2006

ICTP M A T H E M A T I C S  S E M I N A R S  2006

Thursday, 31 August at 15:00 hrs.

Dr. Mama FOUPOUAGNIGNI

(University of Yaounde I, Cameroon)

"On polynomial solutions of certain divided-difference equations"

Abstract:

We study the properties of some divided-difference operators such as
the one of Askey-Wilson, and deduce a method to find polynomial
solutions of certain linear homogeneous divided-difference equations on
nonuniform lattices with polynomial coefficients. As Application, we
show how this method can be implemented to improve the capabilities the
difference equations solver routines implemented in the computer
algebra systems such as Maple and Mathematica.

VENUE: SEMINAR ROOM

(ICTP Main Building, first floor)