[RegCNET] installation problem with NetCDF

saeed bayat saeedbayat7276 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 08:55:09 CET 2015

Dear Chao
It seems you have installed gcc and gfortran compilers on your platform,
while you defined your compilers as FC=mpif90 CC=mpicc CXX=mpicxx. So in my
opinion edit your configuration command as this: ./configure FC=gfortran
CC=gcc

Good Luck

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 10:01 AM, chao.tang <chao.tang at univ-reunion.fr>
wrote:

> Dear All,
>

> I got en error when compile RegCM-4.4.5.2, like this:
> configure: checking for netcdf.h...
> checking netcdf.h usability... yes
> checking netcdf.h presence... yes
> *checking for netcdf.h... yes*
> configure: checking for libnetcdf.a...
> checking for nc_close in -lnetcdf... no
> configure: checking if we need to link jpeg library for HDF4...
> *checking for nc_enddef in -lnetcdf... no*
> configure: checking if we need to link hdf5 library...
> checking for nc_sync in -lnetcdf... no
> configure: checking if we need to link szlib library...
> checking for nc_inq_libvers in -lnetcdf... no
> configure: error: NetCDF library not found
>
> the configure script has found the netcdf.h, which I have indicate the
> location as argument in command line.
>
> But, something is miss in the lib linked by the falgs ‘-lnetcdf’.
>

> Any advice is appreciated.
>
> I also attached my config.log below.
>
> Thanks in advance and have a nice day.
>

> *Best regards,*
> *Chao TANG*
> *--------------------------------------*
> *--------------------------------------**---------------------*
> *Laboratoire d'Energétique, d'Electronique et Procédés*
> *Unité de Recherche EA 4079*
> Université de La Réunion, LE2P
> 15 avenue René Cassin CS 92003
> 97744 ST DENIS CEDEX 9