[RegCNET] RegCM error when comping

Graziano Giuliani ggiulian at ictp.it
Thu Sep 20 15:01:53 CEST 2012

On 09/19/2012 06:01 PM, billgates wrote:
> Dear all,
>
>         I have successfully finished "make terrain" and "make icbc"
>
> But when I try to "make regcm"
>
> There arises problems, and some part of the things that are shown on the
[...]
> So I am wondering what is the problem with that?
[...]

The gfortran compiler is probably 4.1.x (~2007), which does not implement the
f90 standard. You must use at least a version 4.6.x (~2011) GNU compiler, or any
commercial FORTRAN compiler. Guessing, your platform is derived from a RedHat5
(either RedHat, or CentOS or SL), so you should be able to compile the GNU 4.6
compiler suite using the system 4.1.x. On our cluster, same distro, we are
currently using 4.6.1. Some guides and howtos are available on-line for this.

G.

--
Graziano Giuliani - Earth System Physics Section
The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics