[RegCNET] RegCM PostProc Data with CDO

Tompkins Adrian tompkins at ictp.it
Thu Apr 21 15:06:52 CEST 2011

hello all,

Nana is right that CDO can handle GRADS files, but you need the command
"import_binary".  Please note that this only works in recent versions of
CDO.

cdo -f nc import_binary control_file.ctl output.nc

Adrian

On 04/19/2011 06:27 PM, Browne Nana Ama Kum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> lats4d.gs works on grads v1.9b4 not the later versions.
> Try reinstalling grads v1.9 somewhere else to convert it.
>
> Did you try also
>
> cdo -f nc input.ctl output.nc
>
> Good luck.
>
> Nana
>
>> I am using grads-2.0.a8.oga.1 and this command works with it,I am sending
>> script as an attachment.Most probably, it will work with this version of
>> grads.
>>
>> As I understood, you want to use p coordinates.  if p coordinates are not
>> necessary for you, you can use rcm2netcdf tool of RegCM
>>
>> Best Wishes
>>
>> <http://second.nc/>

Adrian Tompkins          | Earth System Physics
+39 040 2240579 (office) | ICTP (UNESCO-IAEA)
+39 040 2240449 (fax)    | Strada Costiera 11
www.ictp.it              | 34151 Trieste, Italy