[RegCNET] help: Fatal Error: Parse error when checking module version for file 'netcdf.mod' opened at (1)

Martin Scarcia scarcia at sissa.it
Wed Feb 16 10:36:46 CET 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 3:33 AM, Marcelino II Villafuerte <
mqvillafuerte at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I followed your suggestion. But, again, after trying to compile the regcm4
> (make terrain) I received this error:
>
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/home/mar/Model/regcm4/RegCM-4.0/PreProc/Terrain'
> g95 -c -I/home/mar/Model/regcm4/netcdf/--disable-netcdf-4/include -O3
> -fendian=big -fmultiple-save  -c mod_rdldtr.f90
> Fatal Error: While reading module 'mod_block' found module version 0,
> expected 9.
> make[1]: *** [mod_rdldtr.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/mar/Model/regcm4/RegCM-4.0/PreProc/Terrain'
> make: *** [terrain] Error 2
>
> It seems that my netcdf library is still not the appropriate one.. what
> does this error mean? what should I do to fix this?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Hi,

the error probably arises from the fact that you compiled NetCDF with a
different compiler than the one you're using for regcm, or maybe a different
version of the same compiler. A short guide on how to compile NetCDF from
scratch is available here:

http://doc.escience-lab.org/index.php/HPC/Netcdf

In any case I saw you're using g95 and if you don't have a particular reason
to use it, I suggest you switch to gfortran version 4.4 or 4.5, which works
better with RegCM and will also link precompiled libraries from your linux
distribution.

Martin