[RegCNET] Problem in running RegCM3 in PC Cluster

Akhmad Faqih akhmadfaqih at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 26 08:21:30 CET 2009

Dear RegCM3 users,
I am currently trying to run RegCM3 simulations on a PC cluster, however I am still unable to operate the openMPI software in my simulation. I think the problem is on the shared library for using the openmpi between PCs. I will be grateful if someone that has experiences in running RegCM3 on PC cluster could provide me with the steps to setup the cluster that is ready for running the model. Additionally, specific information on how to setup shared libraries, such as openMPI for parallel simulation using PC cluster will be much appreciated. Btw, what kind of cluster packages that is most suitable for RegCM3? For your information, I am currently using Fedora 11_64 bit for my PC cluster. Thanks.
Best regards,
Akhmad Faqih
Center for Climate Risk and Opportunity Managementin Southeast Asia and Pacific (CCROM-SEAP)Bogor Agricultural University, Indonesia