[RegCNET] Bug in: IMPORTANT - "BUG" FOUND IN REGCM3 - PLEASE READ

XUNQIANG BI bixq at ictp.it
Wed Jun 25 09:02:08 CEST 2008

Thanks, Bridget:

In the present version, it's not that easy by just change the
ibdyfrq in regcm.in, there are several places need to be changed:

under PreProc/ICBC

    SUBROUTINE INITDATE in ICBC.f

    COMMON /DATENUM/MDATE(289280)  ! 289280 need to be changed accordingly

under Main:

INITDATE.F is fine,

except
       COMMON /DATENUM/MDATEZ(289276) ! It would be better to have a change

You're right, in getdat.F and solar1.F (as well as in lakedrv.F if the
lakemod = 1 in regcm.in).

The part of code

       +(NNNNNN-NSTRT0)/4.

need to be changed accordingly. (replace 4 to 2 if you use 12 hour
interval lateral boundary forcing data).

Regards,
Xunqiang Bi