[RegCNET] tmax and tmin

Lara Kueppers kueppers at pmc.ucsc.edu
Mon Nov 14 20:32:39 CET 2005

Hi-
Awhile back I asked how Tmin and Tmax in the SRF output file were
calculated. Here is Nellie's recent reply, in case anyone else is
interested.:

"Hi Lara,

I just verified this with Bi...Tmin and Tmax are calculated from the
BATS output, so if you have the model output to the SRF file every 3
hours, then that is what the min and max are calculated from.  Bi thinks
this is a better way to do it since min and max temp observations are
generally taken from 3 or 6 hourly obs.  You can increase the frequency
of the srf output variables (in the regcm.in file) to see how much of
difference it would make in the diurnal temp range. "

--
Lara M. Kueppers, PhD

831.459.3504 ph
831.459.3074 fax