15/01/2024 - I Have A Dream - Martin Luther King Jr.

Infopoint infopoint at ictp.it
Mon Jan 15 11:39:00 CET 2024

On *January 15, 2024, at 10 am*, the *Associazione Italo Americana FVG /
American Corner Trieste*
<https://aia-fvg.blogspot.com/2022/01/about-us.html> proudly presents a
special screening of the documentary film *"I Have A Dream,"* featuring
poignant excerpts from the iconic speeches of Martin Luther King Jr.
This free event will take place at the American Corner Trieste, located
at Piazza Sant'Antonio Nuovo, 6 Trieste, in honor of *Martin Luther King
Jr. Day.*

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. played a pivotal role in shaping the modern
civil rights movement in America. His leadership and commitment to
nonviolent protest were instrumental in achieving significant
milestones, such as the successful dismantling of bus segregation laws
during the Montgomery bus boycott in 1955–56. Beyond his actions, King's
eloquent speeches continue to resonate globally, providing hope and
inspiration to millions.

The documentary "I Have A Dream" pays tribute to the enduring legacy of
Martin Luther King Jr., showcasing the power of his words and the impact
of his deeds. The film serves as a reminder of the progress made in the
pursuit of justice, equality, and civil rights.

As part of the commemorative event, the public is invited to share their
dreams on the *"We Have a Dream Wall."* Throughout the months of January
and February, individuals can submit their dreams by sending their text
to aia.fvg at gmail.com. The submitted dreams will be written on dream
cloud posters and posted on the wall. Alternatively, participants can
drop off their dreams in person.

Details of the Event: