Climate March in Trieste, this Friday!

rnoghero rnoghero at ictp.it
Tue Mar 12 13:34:15 CET 2019

Dear All,
as many of you may know, an incredible movement of students and young
people taking action on climate change
is going to demonstrate*this Friday, the 15th of March*, globally.
The movement started with Greta Thunberg taking action in Sweden (see
https://www.fridaysforfuture.org/events/map)
and  has been continuing to grow, spreading with strikes recorded in
Australia, Belgium, France, Switzerland, Japan,
Germany, USA, Netherlands, Canada, UK, Ireland as well as here in Italy.

In some cases, the strikes have been held every Friday, in others the
focus is on big monthly strikes, on the 15th
of the month.
*The aim of the movement is to ask the governments to respect the
commitments made during the
Paris Agreement (COP21), by providing a safe pathway well below 2°C
above pre-industrial levels.*

This is a global movement and the next global appointment is scheduled
for THIS FRIDAY, the 15th of March.
Trieste will also join the event: the appointment is on Friday at
*2:30pm in Piazza dell'Unita'*.

This is an *open invitation *to participate. It would be nice if we
support the action that school children and young
people are taking to raise awareness and make addressing climate change
a priority for everyone.

We can meet on Thursday afternoon with those interested, at the bar at 2
pm to prepare a banner for Friday's march.

Thank you,
Rita Nogherotto
ESP Group

--