ICTP Table Tennis Tournament 2017

Oleg Brovko obrovko at ictp.it
Mon Jun 19 22:25:34 CEST 2017

Dear colleagues and friends,

We continue the glorious tradition of holding an ICTP Table Tennis Tournament v.2 (ITTT²) aimed at bringing together the admirers of this beautiful dynamic sport, both amateurs and hard-core professionals, in a series of friendly matches at the end of which the best players in "pro" and "amateur" singles categories, as well as the best double and the strongest section team shall be crowned and bestowed with a small prize and eternal glory and respect of the peers…

The tournament shall be held in the evenings of the week July 10-14, 2017 starting at about 17:00 (no games on Wednesday, July 12). The games shall be carried out on the terrace of the Leonardo Building, ICTP. The level of players spans a broad spectrum, so do not be discouraged from participation if you think you are not good enough (or too good for that matter). We shall aim to design the tournament such that everybody gets to compete against opponents of similar level.

Friday, July 14 shall be the highlight of the tournament:
- semi-finals and finals of singles and doubles
- section singles and doubles tournament
- prize ceremony shall follow the last game of the finals (yes, we have memorabilia for the winners this time!)

So what are you waiting for? Visit the official page <http://goo.gl/JBfqmB> to find out more about the tournament or go directly to the registration form <https://goo.gl/forms/bLeJ1ugcl7EVX56X2> to sign up! The registration deadline is Monday, July 3.

For spectators: even if you are not a player, please come to support your colleagues and friends or the team of your section. If last year is something to judge by, Friday especially shall be full of stunning matches and unexpected turns and shall culminate in a prize ceremony and a small celebration! So come in numbers!