Message from Prof. Sachdev / Salam Distinguished Lectures

Infopoint info_pt at ictp.it
Wed Jan 29 09:54:02 CET 2014

Dear Trieste community,

It has been a pleasure for me to present the Salam lectures.

Some of the presentation in my second lecture was a bit disorganized - sorry about that. I have since updated my slides to be more coherent, and you can find the updated slides here:

http://qpt.physics.harvard.edu/talks

I will return to the AdS/CFT correspondence in my fourth lecture, and give a more intuitive interpretation of it.

My third lecture today will be on the phenomenology of the high temperature superconductors, and a description of the key properties of Fermi liquids and
non-Fermi liquids. This should hopefully be accessible to physicists from all fields.

Sincerely,
Subir Sachdev